Welcome to the Rainbow Class page
This year, the children in Rainbow Class will be taught by Mrs Beck with the help of our wonderful Teaching Assistant, Mrs Wright.
Mrs Tattersall will teach Rainbow Class on Wednesday afternoons to cover Mrs Beck’s planning time.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch on;
We are delighted to have launched the use of the Seesaw app, as a way of sharing and communicating children’s learning and development with parents and carers.
This term in the Rainbow Class our topic is:
Literacy and Topic
Our key learning this term will include:
- Learning about what makes us special and how we are the same / different to others
- Changes that happen in the natural world as the seasons to change to autumn then winter.
- Learning about the history of Bonfire Night, why we celebrate with fireworks and religious festivals of light.
- Who can help us in different situations and how we keep ourselves safe and healthy.
- Learning about why we celebrate Christmas and the birth of Jesus.
Our learning in Maths this term will include deepening understanding of:
- Sorting and Matching
- Comparing Measurements (size, mass and capacity)
- Exploring Patterns
- Numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
- 1 more and 1 less
- Circles and Triangles, 4 sided Shapes and Shapes in our Environment
- Time – My day and night
Useful Maths Resources
TopMarks Maths – There are lots of different games to play with a variety of Maths links. This half term we are focusing on numbers, counting, ordering and sequencing.
Our learning in Phonics this term will focus on recognising, blending and segmenting the sounds;
s, a, t, p, i, n, m, d, g (Autumn 1)
o, c, k, ck, e, u, r, h, b, f, ff, l, ll, ss (Autumn 2)
Useful Phonics Resources
Jolly Phonics songs – The jolly phonics songs in order
Phonics Play – There are lots of different reading games on here which can be accessed for free.
Letterjoin – Handwriting activities. Parents have the login to access this site.
EYFS Curriculum Newsletters
Useful Information and Links
Please click here to view our Weekly BLS Bulletin