We are going to begin a live home time story session from next week. This will be via zoom and will enable us all to see each other and have fun together. It will take place every Thursday at 3.30pm – please log in via the link below if you wish to do so. We ask that parents supervise the children during this. Once the story has finished, we will then turn off our camera and allow the children time to see and talk to their friends (if they wish) and we will end the meeting.
Here are a few practical tips/bits of advice for anyone who requires extra support, as we understand it will become harder week by week.
Supporting maths at home
- Playing board games
- Meals and snack times – counting how many items of food you have on your plate, finding what time of day it is, comparing sizes of food
- Use maths words in conversation and play – which is bigger? Which is first?
- Using bricks to build/measure
Supporting reading at home
- Every minute you spend reading makes a difference – don’t worry about how long you read for
- Don’t worry about what they are reading – recipes, cereal packets, catalogues, magazines
- Ask lots of questions: who, what, where, when and why when you have finished reading the story.
Finally, you are all doing an amazing job in your role of home teacher. The work and photographs/videos that are being sent in are fantastic and the children really are making us proud.
Topic: Sunshine storytime
Time: Jan 28, 2021 03:30 PM London
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 922 6657 4703
Click here for Week 4 home learning
Click here for Phase 2 letter sound mat
Click here for Phase 3 letter sound mat
Wed 27th Jan Home Learning
Tues 26th Jan Home Learning
Mon 25th Jan Home Learning
Useful Information and Links
Sunshine Class curriculum newsletter – Autumn Term
Phonics Play – The access to this website is still free. To gain full access the username is: jan21 and the password is: home
TopMarks Maths – There are lots of different games to play with a variety of Maths links. This half term we are focusing on numbers, counting, ordering and sequencing.
Letterjoin – Handwriting activities. Parents have the login to access this site.